In this workshop we’ll learn the basics of electricity using a Raspberry Pi to control electronic circuits. No experience with electronics or Raspberry Pi required for this workshop.
This is a virtual, live workshop. After registration, you will recieve a link for participation.
You will need to provide the following equipment:
- Raspberry Pi,
- power adapter
- SD card
- HDMI monitor,
- HDMI cable (Raspberry Pi 4 uses a micro-HDMI port),
- USB keyboard,
- USB mouse,
- jumper wires,
- 100 Ohm resisters,
- red, green, and yellow LEDs (or any color you can get)
Equipment and kits can be purchased from Amazon or many other sources:
- Raspberry Pi only
- Raspberry Pi Power adapter
- SD Card
- Any SD card with at least 8GB will do. Download the free OS from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ and install on the SD card.
- Raspberry Pi w/ power and SD card
- basic electronic components kit https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Electronics-Potentiometer-tie-Points-Breadboard/dp/B01ERPXFZK
- Raspberry Pi and components kit https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Ultimate-Starter-Clear/dp/B07BC567TW
Kits with basic electronics components may be available for check out from Clemons Library prior to the workshop. Contact Ammon Shepherd at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for information about checking out a kit.
Reserve your seat here: https://cal.lib.virginia.edu/calendar/events/2020-10-16-raspberry-pi-workshop
Contact Scholars' Lab's Head of Public Programs Laura Miller.