As our Scholars’ Lab charter indicates, we are committed to making our projects and spaces accessible—in all meanings of that word—for everyone, regardless of ability or need. We believe accessibility is not an implementation that can be finished and done, but rather a way of thinking and working that can—and should—always be improved.
For this website, we follow WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 guidelines. Our markup and presentation adhere to W3G’s standards for HTML5 and CSS3, and in doing so include many features meant to enhance the accessibility of our site, including:
- Correct ordering of headings to aid in navigation;
- Alternative text for media where appropriate;
- A skip link at the beginning of each page to jump to the page’s main content;
- ARIA roles to better describe the purpose and content of various parts of our pages;
- Text alternatives for image links.
If you have suggestions for improvement, or encounter anything that hinders your use of the content or tool we provide, please email us.