Want to learn more about digital humanities skills, methods, and inquiry? The Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) at the University of Victoria has a tradition of transformative training.
The University of Virginia, as a sponsoring institution of DHSI, provides 5 tuition-free fellowships to attend a Digital Humanities Summer Institute course or workshop during the summer of 2019. Students, staff, non-TT faculty, and those without access to research travel funds are especially encouraged to apply.
The fellowships entirely cover the cost of course tuition for one course, using a code at the time of registration (rather than reimbursement afterward). These fellowships do not cover travel (to Victoria, B.C.), meals, or lodging, so applicants should be prepared to fund these out of pocket or by locating additional funding sources on your own.
Visit dhsi.org for descriptions of the available courses. Applications are due ASAP. Selection, organized by the Scholars’ Lab, will begin on December 10th and continue on a rolling basis.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- UVA affiliation & status (e.g. 3rd year PhD in art history, staff job title in Library/department)
- Availability for June 3-7 (courses), June 10-14 (courses), and/or June 8-9 (workshops)
- The course/workshop you’d like to take (and 1-2 other courses of interest, in case a course cap is reached)
- A short, specific statement (300-500 words) about your background, professional/academic interests, and why you would like to attend DHSI
- Whether you’ve identified funding (personal or from another funding source) to cover travel, lodging, and meal costs.
Questions and applications can be sent to email@example.com.