UVA Reveal: Augmenting the University, uses Unity and augmented reality (AR) applications to layer 3D models and other media on images that will enable the viewer to experience the virtual layering of time upon objects. More specifically, Augmenting the University integrates documents from UVA’s special collections library with physical spaces around grounds. Ultimately, we hope to use AR to allow users to experience these limited-access spaces and objects in new ways that prompt critical reflection on the structure, culture, mission, and history of the university.
- Augmenting an Iconic Structure: The Rotunda by Christian Howard
- Learning to Augment Reality by Christian Howard
- How to make books you haven’t read, talk. by Spyros Simotas
- /etc/rc.local by Christian Howard
- About my research, computers and Digital Humanities by Spyros Simotas
- Hello World! by Spyros Simotas